~Lovers Until The End~

~Lovers Until The End~

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hey everyone i now it has been a very long time and let me tell you there has been alot going on!!!! To start i know that i have told you guys about my papaw who had lung cancer well unfortunately my papaw passed away on September 27th it has been extremely dificult i will go ahead and tell you about the whole thing. Monday September 24th 2012 around 11:30 A.M i was laying in the bed asleep and was woke up by my mom yelling my name and telling me to hurry and come here i could tell in her voice there was something extremely wrong, I rushed up the steps to see what was going on my mom was a wreck i ask her what was going on and she tells me that my papaw collapsed and he was at the hospital unresponsive and on life support, my heart sank and i started to breakdown as well. As we drove to the hospital all i could do was cry and pray please god i am not ready to lose my papaw. We arrived at the hospital and the whole family was there, my mom and i went back to the room in the E.R and i saw him lieing there helpless i gave him a kiss and told him how much i loved him not long after that i stepped outside for a little while. We received news that papaw was being moved to the ICU room 4307 its crazy how i can still remember the room number but i just cant forget anything about those 3 days! I stayed there with him those whole 3 days and night i wasnt about to leave. The whole time all we heard was it doesnt look good he may not make it! I was always in and out of the room i would just go talk to him love him and just try to have faith i wasnt ready to lose him! About the 2nd day my papaw started having horrible seziers and they were telling us that was a sign of serious brain damage they advised us that they were going to preform a brain waive test the next day! The day that they preformed the brain waive test was the scariest day ever, we received a phone call that they would have to take him of the medication for the seizers and he was having them pretty bad! After about an hour after the test the family was called in to receive the results for the test, they told us the worst news that we could ever receive they told us that he had severe  brain damage and that he never going to get any better they advised that he be took off of the life support. Right before they unplugged the life support we all went in the room to say our goodbyes we walked in to say goodbye and i could barley stand it since they had to take him off the seizer medication to preform the test he was seizing so bad that the bed was hitting the wall it was hard to see him lie that but i just had to say goodbye. After he was removed from life support he lived on his own for 13 hours me and my mom and my husband were there in the room holding his hand as he took his last breath! I still remember the last thing that he said to me about 3 days before he passed away it was that he was proud of me and he loved me very much, i will never stop missing him and i will never forget him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment